THOSE WHO LIKE THE DETAILS
Updated July 2023
Amendments to this policy
Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for our Australian operations. Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. The personal information we collect from you is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions. We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- phone number
In addition to the information set out above, we may also collect other information from you – the sorts of information we collect will depend on your interactions with us. This information may not necessarily be personal information because it does not identify you personally however, this information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Thankly. This may include your shopping history, product types, departments, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- account preferences, activity details and interactions (including statistics on page views and clicks), transaction details (such as payment method and where you shopped);
- information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive;
- information you provide to us via our website, application forms, or directly to team members in relation to our products and services;
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to Interact with us through our online store (thankly.co). This information may include session cookies, IP address or MAC address; and information collected via our secure payment processing systems.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information for purposes necessary to sell and promote our products and services to you. We may also collect data about you on an aggregate and anonymous basis in order to help us improve the functionality of our website and tailor the way we communicate with you. In addition we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (each a Purpose):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you
- to tailor how we provide and market our products and services to you, based on your purchase history, shopping preferences and personal information you have provided us;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to interact with you via social media and digital marketing;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development,
- to carry out quality control and research (including via reviews and customer satisfaction surveys),
- analysis and tracking to improve the way Thankly and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities
Pseudonyms and anonymity
Cookies, analytics and re-marketing
In addition, we use third parties including Google Analytics Advertising Features to promote our products and services. Google and other third parties collect data about traffic to this site via advertising cookies and identifiers, which are used display ads on other sites that are relevant to you, based on your previous visits to this site. If you would like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, please click here. Alternatively, you can find out how Google Analytics uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps, at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partnersUnsolicited information
We will endeavour to only take information from you which is reasonably necessary for our business functions. If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When you click on links and banners on this site that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to that third-party’s privacy policies. Thankly is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those third party websites.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you join Thankly by subscribing to receive marketing emails;
- when you register with us by creating an account, or subscribe to our marketing programs;
- when you access and use our website or interact with us via social media or digital media;
- when you provide information to our team members;
- when you make a purchase, submit orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services
- when you communicate with us directly;
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events;
- when you post a review or leave a rating on this site or complete our surveys;
- when you use any of our services
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services on our website.
- third party service providers who provide services or functions on our behalf, such as IT service providers, delivery service providers and fulfilment managers, mailing houses, our insurers and brokers, and marketing agencies;
- third party sources and platforms, such as public sources, social networking sites, information service providers and third party analytics providers to whom you have provided your personal information;
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the steps we take to protect your information include utilising security restrictions on access to our systems such as passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers who provide services or functions on our behalf. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services on our website.
- our related companies and brands;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required; law enforcement in connection with loss prevention activities;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities; and for any other purpose permitted by law.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our retail brands, partners or suppliers via the channels you have nominated. This may include, but is not limited to email, social media and other digital channels. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
By consenting to receive email marketing communications from Thankly, you may also receive access to a range of exclusive offers and rewards not available to the general public. If you are currently receiving emails, you will automatically be a member of, and receive emails about Thankly. You can join the Thankly Newsletter by subscribing to marketing emails from Thankly. You can do this by creating an online profile and opting in to receive emails from Thankly, or by providing your email address.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile. Please note that if you unsubscribe from emails, you will be unsubscribing from all emails from Thankly. We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information (where it is held online) by logging into our portal at thankly.co or through the Thankly website. You may also access your personal information held by Thankly by making a request to us. Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method, and we may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs incurred by us in providing you with the information (the fee does not apply to the making of the request). If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments. We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
Complaints and questions
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances ad reasons for your complaint. Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint promptly, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint or query is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise. We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to us, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Online: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaintOverseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a Purpose. These include our services providers that are located overseas including the United States of America, India and the European Union. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. The fact that you may be located in Europe does not, however, on its own entitle you to protection under the GDPR. Our website does not specifically target customers located in the European Union and we do not monitor the behaviour of individuals in the European Union, and accordingly the GDPR does not apply.